- Commercial Agreements
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Construction Law
- Contract Negotiation
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal Advice
- Real Estate
Saghir is a Partner based in the Spinningfields, Manchester office at Baker & Coleman Solicitors. He specialises in both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering law, real estate and litigation.
He has worked with Banks, Insurers, City Councils, Local Government Bodies, Further and Higher Education Institutes, NHS Trusts, Housing Associations, Major Car Park Operators, National Retailers, Care Home Operators, Insolvency Practitioners, Developers, National and International Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Individuals.
Saghir has advised on complex multi-million pound disputes in the High Court and in private arbitration proceedings. In January 2014, he acted for an international contractor during a four week trial in the Technology and Construction Court. He has also initiated and defended Adjudication proceedings.
He regularly drafts standard form building contracts including the NEC and JCT, appointments and warranties.
Some examples of Saghir’s work include:
• A 10 year, £900m partnership agreement to procure transport infrastructure
• Agreements in relation to the design and construction of:
o new build multi-storey car parks
o retail units for national retailers
o residential care homes
o large scale housing developments
• Due diligence in respect of the merger of two housing associations resulting in a merged group with over 21,000 homes
• A complex four week trial in the High Court relating to a £14m dispute. This is a reported case: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/TCC/2014/3968.html
• Allegedly defective design and installation of a boiler distribution system at the largest power station in the UK
• Claims in relation to works at a £200m biomass CHP Power Plant
• Defective works at a new build museum that cost over £70m
• Administrators following the administration of one of the oldest construction companies in the country
Baker & Coleman Solicitors
Partner6 - 20 Employees 2015 - Current
Saghir is a Partner at Baker & Coleman Solicitors. He advises on Construction, Real Estate and Litigation matters.
Senior Solicitor100+ Employees 2008 - 2015
Saghir's role involved him providing advice on all matters relating to Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure Law both contenious and non-contentious.
Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School2007 - 2008
Saghir achieved a Distinction in his Legal Practice Course
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Manchester2006 - 2007
Saghir achieved a Distinction in his LLM
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
University of Manchester2003 - 2006
Saghir achieved an upper second in his LLB
Interests and Hobbies
Saghir volunteers with Mosaic - an education charity Founded by HRH The Prince of Wales.
"Mosaic inspires young people from deprived communities to realise their talents and potential. Mosaic's mentoring programmes in schools and prisons are delivered by volunteers and lift the aspirations of young people and close the gap between those aspirations and their attainment."
Learn more: http://www.mosaicnetwork.co.uk/