He set up the specialist employment law firm FoxWhitfield in February 2010.
Fox Whitfield is a Manchester based law firm specialising in all aspects of employment law. We act for all sizes of employers in the North West and nationally. We also act for employees in employment disputes and regularly advise on compromise agreements.
We are based in Didsbury at the Towers Business Park. We also have access to meeting rooms in central Manchester, London and most major cities.
We provide the same high quality professional service as a large city firm but by reducing overheads and costs are able to do so at a substantially reduced cost.
We can also offer excellent practical and useful legal advice that is based on an understanding of your specific personal and business needs, consistency in the adviser you deal with and a service that is second to none including clarity and honesty in our fees.
We have years of experience in advising on employment issues such as employment tribunal claims, discrimination, redundancy programmes, team moves, poaching, bonus disputes, restructuring, severance and compromise agreements, employment contracts, and the employment aspects of M & A and business transfers.
We offer a range of fixed and capped price arrangements to take the uncertainty out of legal costs wherever possible.
Paul Whitfield established Fox Whitfield after working at Pinsent Masons in Manchester. He realised that by cutting out many irrelevant overheads a small specialist firm can provide the same, if not better, service to many clients at a reduced cost. A smaller firm can also offer a level of personal service and consistency that large firms can't offer.
We have built a reputation for aggressively representing our clients and providing them with pragmatic, honest and responsive advice. In the vast majority of cases we are able to achieve a favourable outcome for our clients without incurring the costs of a court or tribunal hearing.
Due to our size we are able to understand the needs and backgrounds of our clients better. Knowing our clients and their businesses enables us to offer bespoke advice that reflects their approach, ethos and values and not that of the law firm representing them. All solicitors are fully qualified and experienced in their field - we do not have trainees or junior lawyers working on matters.
Through building long term ongoing relationships with our clients we aim to enable them to avoid disputes and litigation wherever possible.
Paul can be contacted on 0161 283 1276 or Paulw@foxwhitfield.com
All aspects of Employment law: -
* Employment advice from recruitment to termination and everything in between
* Employment Tribunal Representation
* Drafting and negotiating compromise agreements for employers and employees
* Drafting and advising on Employment Contracts, Service Agreements, Handbooks and bonus schemes
* Helpline advice on all HR issues - this can be on an ad hoc basis or for an agreed annual charge
* Independent mediation in employment disputes
* Enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality against departing or ex-employees, and the defence of the same in the High Court
* Data Protection advice
* Managing sickness absence and disciplinary and grievance procedures
* Training to managers, HR and in-house legal on all aspects of employment law
* Advising employees and employers on cases of bullying in the workplace
* General commercial litigation and dispute resolution
Owner- CurrentFoxWhitfield was set up in February 2010 by solicitor, Paul Whitfield previously of Pinsent Masons. It is a niche legal practice based in Didsbury offering specialist employment law advice and representation.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Associate- CurrentSenior employment solicitor in one of the largest and best teams of employment lawyers in the UK
Legal Practice Course
University of Nottingham1998 - 1999
Post Graduate Diploma Law
Other1997 - 1998Manchester Metropolitan University