A dedicated and professional marketeer with over 20 years of experience working across a wide range of sectors. Meena becomes very much part of the "team" and works in close partnerships with clients, developing campaigns that work really hard and bring in results. Whether you are an SME, a large corporate or a public sector body, Meena's wide experience and skills will help you raise the profile and expand your business.
Meena's friendly approach helps businesses grow and increase their profits by:
- Helping companies develop their marketing strategy.
- Producing press releases and ensuring they reach the appropriate target audience.
- Designing and producing newsletters and mailing to clients' databases and analysing the data to develop further campaigns.
- Developing case study and testimonial material to be used on websites, promotional material and in press release.
- Producing content for websites and ensuring they are kept fresh and up to date.
And much, much more.
- Barclay’s recommended marketing adviser for new Barclay’s customers in Preston and Chorley.
- Speakers at Northern Lights events at the University of Central Lancashire to local businesses. Comments have included "You were fantastic", "The presentation was awesome", "Your talk was great".
- Expert panel member at Northern Lights events at the University of Central Lancashire to local businesses.Small Firms Enterprise
- Development Initiative (SFEDI) trained and offering mentoring support to new and growing businesses in the area.
We are a marketing agency with clients across a wide range of business sectors including, printing and imaging, public sector, education, IT, plumbing, renewable energy, bars and restaurants, florists and construction. We really can turn our hand to any sector and help develop businesses and grow sales. Our areas of expertise include:
- Marketing strategy development
- Developing your brand and making sure it works hard for you.
- Working with customers to produce case studies to really demonstrate what clients can do.
- Developing testimonials - what your customers say is worth its weight in gold.
- Newsletters content, design, production and mailing, including a full analysis of each campaign.
- PR - working with publications, producing press releases and sending them to the most appropriate contacts.
- Exhibition design and production.
- Signage design and production.
- Product launches.
- Event Management.
- Developing advertising campaigns - in print form and online.
- Copywriting for brochures, websites, features, etc.
Zebra Colour Ltd.
Marketing Director1 - 5 Employees 2010 - CurrentMeena and the professional marketing team at Zebra Colour will provide you with as much or as little marketing support as you require or have the budget for. This can range from managing your PR to producing your exhibition displays, producing a simple brochure to a regular newsletter, from developing a website to running a conference. We work as part of your team to deliver a personal marketing service.
Marketing & Business Development Manager6 - 20 Employees 1999 - 2010Glasgows is a leading event management and marketing company. During my eleven years there I did everything from project management, marketing, event management and tender writing. I was initially brought in to project manage Glasgows most profitable project, a very complex European Union R&D funding project on behalf of the (then) DTI. The project involved everything from organising focus groups to developing a new brand, running a telephone helpline, developing networking events, managing a website integrated with a complex customer database and managing a consortium. I had to ensure the project was delivered on time and within budget. Sourcing and writing tenders was also one of my core responsibilities at Glasgows and whilst there I was instrumental in successfully getting Glasgows onto the preferred suppliers rosters for LOCOG (the London Committee for the Olympic Games), the Home Office, the Department of Health, the Central Office of Information, the Health and Safety Executive, the Northwest Development Agency, the Homes and Communities Agency, the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement and Northwest Business Link to name but a few. Other highlights included delivering a very successful event featuring Al Gore as the main speaker, hosted by the UK Chief Scientific Adviser and the UK Science Minister. I even received personal thanks from Al Gore! I managed a 3-day EU Presidency event attended by 300 senior Scientific Officials and Ministers from the 25 member states and 3 EFTA countries, which resulted in personal thanks from Lord Sainsbury. I ran a-3 days residential G8 Science Ministers Meeting at a luxurious country house which was interesting too. Most of these tasks meant working with Ministers and celebrities including Patricia Hewitt, Alan Johnson, Tessa Jowell, Charles Clarke, Mo Mowlam, Douglas Alexander, Al Gore, Jeremy Vine and Martin Lewis – some of them are really very nice!
Senior Account Manager100+ Employees 1997 - 1999Working for the world-leading advertising agency McCann Erickson was certainly a change after spending a year backpacking around the world. At McCann Erickson I worked within a team which delivered a number of very successful campaigns for leading blue-chip clients, including: - Pan-European campaigns for Lucent Technologies with budgets of over £1.5 million. - Creating national through-the-line campaigns for local telecoms provider, Norweb Telecom. - Developing a new brand for Toby pubs and restaurants through newspaper advertising, radio campaigns and direct mail campaigns. - Launching the American chain of restaurants "Bennigans" in the UK.
Marketing Manager6 - 20 Employees 1995 - 1996Myatt McFarlane published specialist motorbike and car magazines, and I worked closely with some very enthusiastic bikers. My achievements whilst there included: - Successfully launching two new specialist car magazines into the UK newstrade market. These were supported by very successful marketing campaigns. - Relaunching the European specialist Motorcycle International magazine by developing and managing a highly successful subscription campaign. - Raising the profile of many of the motorbike and car magazines by developing and managing exhibitions stands at shows such as the Motor Show and the National Motorcycle Show. Sales of the magazines as well as subscriptions increased by 100 - 200% during these exhibitions.
Fuji Photo Film Ltd.
Senior Marketing Specialist100+ Employees 1993 - 1995My role at Fuji Photo Film UK was to raise awareness of the Fuji brand in the professional market and subsequently increase the market share. I was responsible for: - Delivering a number of successful regional and overseas training seminars which resulted in a huge increase in market share. - Managing the UK student awards campaign, encouraging photographers to use the brand from an early stage. - Organising the European Press Awards, managing all the entries, selecting the judges and running a high profile and often glamorous awards ceremony. - Co-ordinating and delivering a coherent marketing campaign, including advertising in trade magazines, PR campaigns and attending key exhibitions. - Managing the design and production of the highly successful "Fuji News" which was distributed to over 15,000 professional photographers four times a year.
Account Executive21 - 100 Employees 1990 - 1993A great first job after graduating. I started my career in the publishing industry with BBC Frontline. BBC Frontline was the distributor of Haymarket, BBC and EMAP magazines in the UK. My roles was to set up promotions and campaigns for magazines ranging from What Car, BBC Good Food and Management Today to Smash Hits, Wine magazine and Practical Gardening. Campaigns comprised newstrade promotions with High Street retailers such as W H Smiths, trying to obtain prime positions in their stores.
Post Graduate Diploma, Marketing Management
Staffordshire University1989 - 1990Post Graduate Diploma, Marketing Management