I provide training in a wide range of well being and personal development subjects, especially Emotional Freedom Techniques, Stress Management & Relaxation, Good Night's Sleep, Trauma Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Problem Solving, Creativity, for companies, professionals and general public.
I have over 12 years of experience of helping people in the fields of mental health, addiction treatment, criminal justice, including work in the NHS, statutory and voluntary organisations. I can offer therapy for adults, couples, children and young people.
I have been training other professionals and the general public on the topics of wellbeing, mental health and self help in UK and around the world, in continental Europe, Asia and Middle East.
I am also a qualified Independent Workplace Mediator and help to resolve conflict between individuals, within teams and between teams, specialising in working with organisations in health, social care and education.
Practical Happiness - Emotional Health Consultancy
Psychotherapist2004 - Current
Derbyshire Community Health Services
Psychological Therapist2010 - 2013
Tameside & Glossop Primary Care Mental Health Service
High Intensity Therapist Trainee2009 - 2010
The Big Life Group
Well Being Centre Manager2006 - 2009
Ivydene Children's Home
Therapist2007 - 2011
Prison Drug Treatment Manager2004 - 2006
National Phobics Society (now Anxiety UK)
Therapist2005 - 2008
Lecturer in Trauma Counselling (Sri Lanka)2013 - 2013
Clubs and Associations
* UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) - Registered Member
* NLPtCA (Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy & Counselling Association) – Accredited Member
* CCP (College of Constructivist Psychotherapies)
* EMDR Association UK & Ireland (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing)
* AAMET (Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques) – Advanced Practitioner and Trainer
* GHR (General Hypnotherapy Register) – Senior Practitioner and Supervisor
* AIST (Association for Integrative Sandplay Therapy) – Trainee Member
Interests and Hobbies
* NLPt (Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy - based on Neuro Linguistic Programming)
* CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) - recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence for Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
* EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing) - recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence for Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
* EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
* Somatic Experiencing (a type of body psychotherapy)
* Sandplay Therapy (non-talking therapy suitable for both adults and children)
* Sound Therapy
* Ecotherapy (Healing through nature)
I also love reading, travel and gardening.