- Microsoft Office
- website maintenance
- website management
- Social media
- Payroll Services
- Data Entry
- Event Administration
- event management
- Project Management
- Leadership & Management
I am Lindsay Woods, Assoc CIPD – the founder and director of The Go To Administrator. I am a freelance administrator who cares about your business as much as hers. Working on an ad hoc basis I bring you professional admin services as and when required. Whether you want me to work remotely or travel to your office, you only have to pay for the time you need my support. I recognise time as money and optimise it for your trade – taking on your everyday business administration, wearing that boring admin hat you hate to wear, and freeing time for you to concentrate on the more important parts of your business.
Should you want to avoid the hassles of employing a permanent administrator on your payroll and the paperwork that comes along, feel free to outsource your admin tasks to me. There is no contract, agency fee, or sick pay involved.
With more than a decade-long experience serving in the Royal Air Force as a Human Resource Administrator, I strive to translate my expertise into service excellence every time. This apart, I am enthusiastic, reliable and skilled in effective coordination and corporate decision making. My extensive background in Human Resources makes me an administrator with an eye for detail and helps me stand out from the crowd
The Go-To Administrator
Freelance Administrator1 - 5 Employees 2014 - CurrentMailshots and Mail Merges
Creating and updating
Cleaning and maintenance
Remote presentation creation
Poster and Leaflet design
For business branding
For marketing collateral
Full PA Service – Minute Taking
Fast, confidential minute taking
Compiling and formatting proposals
Managing executive calendar
Creating itineraries and budgets
Phone calls and e-mails
Proof-reading & Copy Typing
Correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Typing from handwritten documents
Entries into books and ledger
Calculating sales invoice, credit notes
Website Management and Maintenance
Processing event bookings
Researching and booking venues
Managing invites and guest list
Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
Social Media Management
Online reputation management
Building brand awareness
Royal Air Force
HR Administrator100+ Employees 2004 - 2013
Squadron Administrator/Supervisor, RAF Benson 2011 – 2013
HR Administrator and during long periods of absence HR Manager for the provision of administrative support and guidance for in access of 500 personnel. During staff shortages acted as the Personal Assistant to the Station Commander of RAF Benson.
· Compiled accurate weekly reports of outstanding Annual Appraisals using Microsoft Excel, essential for ensuring the Reports reach the manning boards in time to allow the individuals to be looked at for promotion and Further Service.
· Mentored, supported, advised and took any corrective action on Pay and Allowance matters for over 500 individuals. Provided advice and support, ensuring all anomalies were corrected.
· Provided assistance with any welfare matters, ensuring that confidentiality was always kept.
· Line manager to 3 staff on a day to day basis, providing assistance and guidance when needed. Ensuring all aspects of office administration was carried out effectively against some very demanding deadlines.
· Booked travel and accommodation for individuals when required, ensuring that the individuals needs were met using the most cost effective way.
· During periods of acting as Personal Administrator to the Station Commander controlled diaries, arranged meetings, minute writing, processed formal letters and invitations, exposed to extremely confidential matters and ensured the Station commander was where he needed to be at the correct times.
Administrator, PJHQ Northwood 2008 – 2011
HR Administrator within a Military Headquarters, providing admin support for 72 Staff Officers and during periods of absence in addition to regular duties acted as Personal Administrator to a 1 star Commodore.
· Compiled accurate weekly reports on all personnel on Operations overseas for the Chief of Defence Staff using Microsoft Excel with information provided from Administration Staff on Operations and an Oracle based system, JPA.
· Using JPA, created positions in Operational theatres for personnel, ensuring they were in the correct position for their rank and trade thus making sure individuals were paid correctly and an accurate record of their location was kept.
· All travel requirements including Motor Transport and Flights to various locations around the world but mainly operational theatres.
· The control of Secret files and documents, ensuring they were recorded and secured away correctly and if needed destroyed in the correct manner using the correct forms. Making certain that each 100% check of the secret documents held was always 100% accurate.
· General Hr Admin including advice on Pay and Annual Appraisals, stationary orders and distribution of both work and private mail.
Provided administrative support to Military personnel from all 3 services whilst on Operations in Afghanistan.
· Booked flights for individuals returning home and ensured that they all had onward travel to their home addresses.
· Provided cashier support for individuals wanting to cash cheques as no cash machines are provided in Afghanistan.
· Ensured all individuals were administered correctly on the computer system JPA to show that they were currently in Afghanistan.
· Processed all individuals’ allowances on JPA, ensuring that they were getting the correct allowances for the country and environment they were in.
· General HR support and advice.
Squadron Administrator, RAF Brize Norton 2004 – 2008
· General administrative support to in excess of 400 personnel.
Lead for migrating from one computer system, SAMA, to the new computer system, JPA, Oracle.
Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
HR Administrator100+ Employees 2014 - Current
HR Administrator for the provision of administrative support for a Farming Charity that currently has over 800 members. Also Personal Assistant for the Director of Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust.
· Record and maintain applications for a Nuffield Farming Scholarship, make contact with applicants, ensuring they firstly meet the eligibility. Maintain contact with applicants, ensuring they receive any help they need to complete their applications and answer any questions they might have.
· Collate and encourage future potential applicants. Maintaining regular contact.
· Notify, collect, invoice/receipt and record Annual Membership Fees from over 500 Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust Members either via direct debit, bank transfer or cheque. Complete, record and claim gift aid on all eligible Membership Fees.
· Oversee and update the Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust website.
· Maintain and update personal details on the database held on the Nuffield International website.
· Oversee and helped to create a new Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust website specifically for booking onto Nuffield Farming events which include an annual conference once a year.
· Maintain and update Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust Social Media accounts.
· All other administrative tasks including formal letter writing, preparing papers for Trustees meetings and preparing sales invoices/receipts.
HR Managment Level 5
Stafford University2012 - 2013
The Blackford Centre2017 - 2017
Diploma in event planning to aid me in the planning of conferences and corporate events.
Royal Air Force2004 - 2005
I undertook my NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration as part of my Trade Training in the Royal Air Force.
I am a qualified professional after completing my Level 5 Intermediate Foundation Degree in Human Resource Management in 2013 and becoming an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Professional development (CIPD).
I hold Secret and Restricted Document Handling Certificate. I also hold the ECDL certification – a globally recognised computer skills certification and benchmark for digital competence. So, you can rest assured all your admin tasks will be handled with full proficiency, confidentiality and stringency.
My Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping helps me confidently execute the principles of bookkeeping that underpins your accountancy and finance administration roles. If you require help with checking bookkeeping transactions for accuracy, making entries into books and ledgers and calculating invoices, look no further.
Clubs and Associations
Associate CIPD Member
Interests and Hobbies
Bike Riding, Walking, Keeping Fit, Reading, Spending time with my family and Socialising.