- R&D Tax Credits
- Business Coaching
An Introduction to Fiscale
Research & Development Tax Credits – How much could your claim be worth?
R & D Tax Credits are among the most widely misunderstood of the Government’s incentives to reward innovation.
While major PLC’s and larger companies have tax specialists in house to claim any reliefs, many SMEs don’t believe that their activities qualify or understand what types of expenditure that are allowable.
R & D is not just about the high-tech sector. Manufacturing, engineering, IT, indeed many types of industries, may have invested time and money in some technological or process improvement. It is not about the value of the project, but what it has cost in real terms.
Fiscale specialise in claiming R&D reliefs for their clients, the important thing is to identify the smaller companies in particular that have valid claims, once a claim has been identified the process is really quick, typically 12 weeks from speaking to Fiscale to seeing the money in your bank, and it is tax free.
Fiscale in last year alone helped to achieve £1.7 million of tax benefits for their clients. Taking out the largest claims, the typical claim averages around £45,000, and one of the smaller clients, a software developer with a turnover of approximately a quarter of a £million, got back £40,000.
Most of the 12 weeks is taken up in preparation, understanding how the client operates, and what they need. Fiscale will put a detailed report together, typically upwards of 20-pages, containing all the key data in support of the claim. Their skills lie in getting the figures right in the first place and presenting the case in a way the Revenue can understand. To date because of the detailed process and due diligence that Fiscale undertake, they have 100% success record – HMRC have never rejected a claim.
The Inland Revenue allow 4 weeks to turn claims round, but in practice it is normally faster.
Once clients realise the cash that is waiting to be claimed, they often ask “Why didn’t my accountant tell me about this?” - Most accountants, however capable, are probably not a specialist in this area, and it is unreasonable to expect them to have a breadth of expertise in every area.
Fiscale are specialists, R & D Tax Credits is what they do, and their expertise is becoming so broadly recognised within the sector that at least 50% of their cases come to them from professional referrers. Once Fiscale is on board you can relax knowing that your claim is in the hands of the professionals.
Fiscale are so confident of bringing your claim to a successful conclusion that they provide their services on a “No Win No Fee” basis.
To see whether you have a claim, just make a quick call to one of the friendly team, you have nothing to lose and you could be agreeably surprised.
Jacqui can be contacted direct on 07747 698169
R&D Specialists21 - 100 Employees 2015 - Current
Fiscale specialise in creating new income streams for Companies who undertake any form of Research and Development…… Can we do the same for you?
Time and time again we are greeted with the phrase “but we don’t do R&D”. The reality is that in 80% of the conversations we have with SMEs, that could not be further from the truth!
If you do any R&D lets talk at Fiscale R&D maximising on your tax credits is our specilaity.
Outstanding Nursery Care Ltd
Childrens Nursery School Owner21 - 100 Employees 2015 - Current
I had the opportunity to buy into Outstanding Nursery Care Ltd t/a Bumpkins Nursery last year. It was a company I had turned around on a consultancy basis a few years ago.
It is a busy and thriving Nursery based on a working farm in Whaddon, near Royston. We took over the nursery in June 2015. We have expanded the preschool to take 48 children and doubled the size of our baby room. A Montessori nursery recently closed locally and we took the opportunity to buy all their equipment and are training the team in the basic principles of Montessori in the coming year to enhance how we work with and support the children in our care.As a bigger nursery we have 2 sites within 1/2 mile of each other in the village and care for 120 children each and every day with a team of 45 staff.
Anglia Sunshine Nurseries
Owner21 - 100 Employees 2003 - Current• Re-opened a failed local Children’s Nursery School in 2003
• Recruiting a whole new team (35 people on the team including the majority of my original team)
• Initiating new marketing ideas which have resulted in 85% of occupancy through referrals.
• secured over £75,000 of grant funding to improve and develop the nursery
- We have now acheived "outstanding" status with Ofsted for the last 2 inspections
Just Recruitment Group
Director100+ Employees 1985 - 2010
Just Recruitment currently has 4 offices based in Suffolk and Essex and is well established as a successful high street agency with a turnover in excess of £10 million and has now incorporated several specialist divisions.
• I joined Key Personnel in 1985 as a Recruitment Consultant and worked my way through each sector before becoming Managing Director in 1992.
• In 1992 Suffolk based Select Recruitment was acquired taking the Company from 3 to 4 branches. This supported the Company in growing from £2 million to £6 million over the next few years through inter branch support and cross selling.
• Responsible for addressing strategic, operational and financial issues. Working with the senior management team to achieve the corporate objectives which were established and reviewed on a consistent basis.
• In 2004, establishing a branch in Poland and launching a specialist Technical Division by resourcing skilled labour from Poland for hard to fill vacancies in the UK.
• In 2007 I rebranded the Company as The Just Recruitment Group to incorporate the Technical, Legal, HR, Finance and Sales and Marketing, specialist divisions that had been created.
• In 2008 established the cross selling of the new divisions across the existing Client base and initiating new HR Consultancy Services and Training being offered to all existing and prospective Clients all of which secured the growth of the company to £12Million and a team of 60 consultants.
• Invited to become a Fellow Member of the REC (Recruitment and employment confederation) in 2003
• Appointed Non-Executive Director of COLBEA (Colchester Business Enterprise Agency) in 2006
• Essex Business Women of the Year in 2007
• Recognised for my contribution to the recruitment industry with an award in 2007
• Initiated an award winning induction and training programme which incorporated Personal Development, Assessments and Reviews across the recruitment agency. This won Awards for Staff Training and Development several years running as well as an award for “Training for your Future.”
• I became a business advisor for Young Enterprise in 2007, and was then invited to join the board for Suffolk in 2009.
Clubs and Associations
Interests and Hobbies
- Wrote a book on Careers advise for students in 2010 to support the schools I supported by providing access to careers advisors.
- Re-Branding the Company in 2007 as The Just Recruitment Group incorporating the various specialist market sectors within Key Personnel and Select Recruitment; Just Law Recruitment, Select Technical Services, Just HR Consultancy and Select Financial Recruitment. Giving the company one Vision and focus; Placing People First!
• Initiated a dynamic Induction Training and Staff Development Programme to improve team selection and retention (average years of service currently stands in excess of seven years). Enabling everyone to be recognised and understand their contribution to the organisation
• Creating a successful Nursery school Anglia Sunshine Nurseries, setting the standards which others now come to observe and use. Within 3 years I created a thriving, profitable investment. In 2010 we were recognised as being an “Outstanding setting” by Ofsted and again in 2014
• In 2004 in response to the declining skills shortage for a number of long standing Clients I established a Polish office in Warsaw that successfully introduced over 1,000 applicants to our Clients in the UK.
Fundraising over £17,000.00 for DCE (Disability Care Enterprise)