- Non-Exec Director
- IT Projects
- IT Data Centres
- IT Desktop Support
- Plastic Cards
- Money Cards
- Electric Industry
- General Manager
- Managing Director
- Dealing Room IT Support
- Internal Auditor
- Video Production
- Hotel Industry
- Foreign Property Sales
- English Language Tuition
- Spanish Language Tuition
- International Projects
- International Business
- Middle East
- European Countries
- Data Migration
- Retail Tailoring
- Operational Problems
- Company Rescue
- IT Project Rescue
- Cost Savings
- IT Outsourcing
- Disaster Recovery Centre
- Training and Development
He has a deep and lifetime knowledge of IT and running IT multi-million pound businesses and projects. He is a successful and effective trouble shooter.
Call 0777-1648-007 for a no obligation chat. (No sales calls please!)
I am happy to help all sizes of company.
Has operated at very senior levels as follows: -
- Colt Telecom Plc at President Level and at MD level in all 10 countries (£24 milion IT project)
- American Express Card Division (Amex) - Was 4 postions down from the President of the whole of Amex, running the plastic card business in 8 Countries (£46 million t/o).
- Digital Equipment (Bought by Compaq and then they were bought by HP) - Project Director, delivering impossible IT projects into PLC companies and to meet Govt. deadlines.
- Digital Equipment - Outsourcing Manager. Dealing with Prestigious City of London Clients, who depended on our IT expertise and operations for their desktops, Dealing Rooms and Disaster recovery. (£30 Million t/o)
- Network Si as General Manager and Board Director - Dealing with Prestigious City of London Clients, who depended on our IT expertise and operations for their desktops, Dealing Rooms. Part of this company's rescue and sale to a South African PLC.
- Mentor to Vice President of HSBC Bank in Shenzhen, China
- Trouble Shooter for Export Business in Shenzhen - See Testimonial. Still do odd asignments for them.
- In dealing with the above company's problems I had to highlight some problems and solutions with Amazon in Eire, who adopted them as part of their Training course for their service personnel.
- Business English Advisor to the Chairman of the biggest Fibre Optic Cable & Equipment Manufacturer in China. Was asked to join them at their Manufacturing HQ in Shijiazhuang with a fully expenses apartment.
Expertise by Numbers!
- Size of biggest International business run = £46 million (1981)
- Size of biggest UK business run = £30 million pa
- Value of Billings at largest data centre run = £900 million pa for Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- Value of biggest International IT Project run = £24 million
- Biggest International saving made = £12 million pa
- Biggest UK saving made = £8 million
- Most outsourced Desktops responsible for = 15,000 in 3 organisations, plus a dealing room in the city running on Sun Servers.
- Ran a remote disaster recovery operation for a City Broker.
- Biggest FX system responsible for traded $0.5 million a second. Responsible for trouble shooting, stabilising and then expanding the operation from 4 to 14 countries in Europe
- Company Rescue – Loss of £8 million per annum. One year later participated in a Management Buy Out and a year after that, sold the company for £8.5 million.
- Largest Utility Sector Project = £7.5 million (Electricity)
- Promotional Sales, Marketing & Training Videos made = 60 (All Industries)
- Largest Hotel operation = 21 bedrooms
- Spanish Operations in Real Estate, Guide2Valencia on-line guide and Britchat Magazine
- Chinese Consultancy for a family's on-line export businesses in Shenzhen and Hong Kong,
- Business English Consultant for the Chairman of the largest Fibre Optic Cable & Equipment maker in China at Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province and Hong Kong. (Hebei Sifang Telecommunications Equipment Co Ltd and China Fiber Optic Network System Group Ltd.).
- Internal Auditor for the North of England region of a UK Retail & Rental Group of 400 shops
- Many of the above roles involved trouble shooting, stabilising the department or company, training and handing over to a new manager and team.
- Member of IoD = Institute of Directors (Since 1996) Asked to join trheir Mentor Programme
- Associate member of NXD (Non-Executive Directors)
- Professional Member of Manchester Professionals
Countries Lived In
- England (Here now in North Manchester)
- Spain (8 years)
- China (2 years)
Principal1 - 5 Employees 2002 - Current
I have managed various sizes of businesses from $66 million in 8 countries for a money card company, to a £30 million outsourcing business in the UK for a computer company. I am an IT specialist in Outsourcing and IT Projects at General Manager level.
My speciality is tackling difficult projects or rescuing failing projects. I played a key role in an IT company rescue that was ultimately sold for £8.5 million.
I also relocated Data Centres and managed a £30 million outsourcing business.
I am available for Interim Management, Trouble Shooting, Mentoring and non-Executive Board roles.
I also produced all the Graphic Design work, including all the adverts, for the popular ex-pat magazine in Valencia called "BRITCHAT", whilst in Spain.
In addition, I am a non-Executive member of NXD. NXD is a UK network of experienced MD's and CEO's who provide Non Executive Director services and independent expertise and support to small to medium enterprises to add value and help business owner's/managers meet their goals and deliver their business vision.
Clubs and Associations
Member Institute of Directors (Since 1996)
Associate Member of NXD (Since 2010)
Chairman of local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
Interests and Hobbies
- Neighbourhood Watch & Resident's Association