- Geo-environmental engineering
- Geotechnical Survey
- Environmental management
- Environmental planning
- Materials Science
- WAC Testing
- Planning Applications
- Site Inspections
- Geographical Info Systems
- Sustainability Strategy
- Risk Assessments
- Risk and Control Management
- Brownfield Site Redevelopment
- Construction Management
- Water Life Cycle Management
- Ground Gas Mitigation Measures
- Soil Investigations
- Site Investigations
- Ground Investigations
- Drainage Strategy and Design
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- contaminated land
The LK Group, London and Southeast Regional Office, will provide advice and support for whatever your environmental or geotechnical needs, as consultancy or specialist contractor services to guide you through every stage of your project.
We in the LK Group are passionate about providing innovative yet practical solutions that add value, save money and reduce risk, through sustainable support services:
• Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRA) on various sites for land transfer and development.
• Site investigation leading to both Generic and Detailed Risk Assessment works at various contaminated land sites including gas works, fuel filling stations, electrical substations and waterside industrial sites.
• Planning application support and guidance for negotiation for land transfer and redevelopment of sites, including abnormal development cost assessment.
• Geotechnical and environmental ground investigations and delivery for housing and mixed developments, infrastructure, roads, railways, pipelines, waterfront and marina schemes including sustainable construction methodologies and design of foundations.
• Design, overseeing installation and inspection of remedial measures on Brownfield sites, including soil capping layers on many mixed housing developments and on historical landfill sites.
• Materials recycling, reuse, excavatability and soil erosion assessments, including design and overseeing of recycling waste streams and design of specifications and control measures at soil treatment hubs.
• Groundwater and gas/vapour risk assessment including design of control and mitigation measures.
• Third party review work (PRA, SI and Remediation reports) for land owners within the United Kingdom.
The LK Group delivers cutting-edge land remediation techniques and the treatment and eradication of invasive species.
As a Geo-environmental Consultant with over 35 years multi discipline project management experience in site investigation, reclamation and remediation projects of greenfield and brownfield or contaminated land, let me guide you through every stage of your project.
The LK Group
Geoenvironmental Consultant21 - 100 Employees 2018 - Current
The LK Group is a Nationwide environmental / engineering consultancy and specialist contractor and having joined The LK Group as a Director in the new South Eastern Regional Office, located in Weybridge, I am expanding the Group building on our success in the Midlands and North of the UK, delivering support to local demand for our consultancy and specialist contractor services.
Advisian part of Worley Parsons Group
Technical Director, Restoration and Geo-Environmental Services100+ Employees 2014 - 2017
Various Gaswork Sites Assessment and Regeneration, as project manager for multiple mixed use Brownfield sites, including the review and update of previous risk assessments to inform the remedial design and cost assessments for the regeneration of various former electrical substations, gasworks sites in the UK. Also advising on abnormal cost assessments for costs incurred, as a direct consequence of the site being formerly occupied by a commercial/industrial land use and reporting on preliminary foundation designs for a number of small site mixed use redevelopments.
Major Projects included: Gas Strategic Pipeline, Turkey, as Specialist leading environmental assessment of soil erosion characteristics, geomorphological and engineering assessment of changing sections of the pipeline corridor, contaminated land and design of associated environmental protective measures for the 1850 kilometre route.
Advisian part of WorleyParsons Group
Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer100+ Employees 2014 - 2014
Atkins part of SNC-Lavalin Group
Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer100+ Employees 1986 - 2014
Major Projects included:
Strategic Reservoir at Briman, Jeddah, KSA, overseeing site investigation and enabling works construction, witnessing of all hard rock formations and verification plate load testing for the 8 No. 120 m diameters x 18.5m high post tensioned and reinforced concrete strategic reservoirs at Briman with a total capacity of 1.5 million cubic metres.
The King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, KSA, managing site investigation and overseeing enabling works and foundation construction including verification testing of all earthworks, for the proposed 640,000m2 passenger terminal building with supporting structures, to accommodate an annual 30 million passengers.
London 2012 Olympic Park, UK, as Earthworks and Remediation Manager leading and then overseeing, whilst seconded into the CLM Olympics Delivery Team, the on site design and implementation of the soil and groundwater remediation on the site. The remediation included the management of complex treatment trains working with soil washing, bioremediation and chemical stabilisation, with also groundwater remediation in limited areas.
Multiple secions of the M25 Motorway Widening and Heathrow Access Roads, UK, project coordinating the design team and field works, including on site witnessing and direction of temporary and permanent mitigating works for the motorway widening through contaminated land and historical landfills.
New Millennium Experience Site and Port Greenwich, UK, construction phase of primary earth works for the Millennium Dome core site, involving construction platform preparation and handing over the Build Team and remediation of 116 hectare phased redevelopment following on from site investigation and environmental assessment.
Also as geotechnical engineer oversaw LUL Earth Structures remedial works, walk over condition surveys of railtracks, cuttings, embankments and station structures on behalf of Railtrack.
Imperial College London1982 - 1982
Applied Science with Earth Sciences Option
Kingston University1976 - 1979
Member of the Institute of Environmental Sciences
Chartered Scientist and Environmentalist