What do the following have in common with you achieving your career objectives?
The construction of the Eiffel Tower, started in 1887.
The $1000 Genome Project realised in 2014.
The Longitude Prize awarded in 1765.
NASA’s Apollo Moon Landing in 1969.
They were all achieved by people or organisations who used the top down approach. The top down approach - what's that?
1. Start by describing your dream or objective in writing.
2. Convert it into a goal by defining the specifics.
3. Now study your goal and create viable action plans.
4. Then comes the difficult bit - you have to put in the work.
5. Even while doing the work, never stop focusing on the objective!
6. Find yourself a mentor to whom you hold yourself accountable.
Leave out steps 5 and 6 at your peril.
#proteuscareermanagement #careeradvice #careerguidance #personaldevelopment #careerobjectives #careerplanning