MANCHESTER NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY!
"Helping To Develop Young Professionals"
"Today's Employees Don't Want A Career, They Want An Experience"
"How Motivated And Engaged Are Your Employees?"
"Do You Struggle With Staff Retention?"
"Soft Skills Are The Hard Skills Of Today's Workforce"ABOUT
The Business Network Young Professionals appreciates the value of investing in young professionals at the early stages of their careers. Our future decision makers.
In a world where artificial intelligence is becoming ever more prominent, it is the ideal event for furthering your personal development, developing your soft skills and growing your networks.
The seminar-based networking event takes place Friday 13th July at The Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel. The event will host a morning seminar on “Speaking and Presentation Skills" from Maggie Ford, an informal networking lunch, and an afternoon seminar on “How To Give A Powerful Presentation” from Catherine Cross. Both seminars will be interactive.
In a world where artificial intelligence is becoming ever more prominent, it is the ideal event for furthering your personal development, developing your soft skills and growing your networks.Speakers details :
Maggie Ford from Spring Rites Productions was trained at RADA and spent many years as an actor working in theatre and television. Maggie then concentrated on directing and did several episodes of East Enders and Doctors as well as writing and directing her own film and theatre productions. Maggie has also taught and directed in several major drama schools. Maggie's Speaking and Presentation Skills have led her to work with a wide variety of clients including Lincolnshire County Council Tourism, HSBC, major firms of solicitors and in the last 2 years, extensive work with graduates and PhD graduates at Manchester University.
Catherine Cross from The Media Coach has delivered sought-after Presentation Skills, Media Training and Crisis Communications courses globally for almost 20 years.
Catherine has trained clients in virtually every sector and at every level of employee, from the CEO downwards, helping them prepare for national and international conferences, including the World Economic Forum, public announcements, analyst and investor road shows, board meetings and internal events.
Her training combines the invaluable experience she has gained in both the journalistic and PR fields. Catherine trained with the BBC and worked for them for almost 10 years as a reporter, producer and presenter in local radio, network radio, Regional Television, and at the World Service. During that time Catherine underwent presentation and vocal delivery training led by BBC performance coaches.AGENDA
SPEAKING AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
- 09.30 Registration, Refreshments and Networking
- 10.00 Seminar One Starts - Speaking and Presentation Skills
- 12.00 Lunch and Networking
- 13.00 Seminar Two Starts - How To Give A Powerful Presentation
- 15.00 Refreshments and Networking
- 15.30 Close
This seminar will address the issues facing you when you have to deliver a presentation, attend a board meeting, an interview or a Networking event.
What are the issues that get in the way of you being a brilliant speaker?
When speaking publically, does Shelley's quote below apply to you?
"I pant, I sink, I expire".
In this seminar you will:
HOW TO GIVE A POWERFUL PRESENTATION
- Learn to banish nervous tension with breathing techniques
- Develop awareness and understanding of your body language
- Explore how physical tensions affect your voice - and your presenting ability
- Learn how to present with confidence, clarity and passion.
- Understand the importance of articulation and pronunciation
- Develop techniques to speak fluently with passion and conviction.
What attendees can expect from the session:
Through the use of theory and practical work, by the end of the session participants will have:
- An improved knowledge of how to prepare a presentation or speech
- Strategies for selecting and developing content
- A model for structuring their talk
- Improved confidence and performance skill
- How the workshop will be engaging and interactive for the audience:
- Theoretical tips and techniques
- Use of video examples of presentations
- Exercise to prepare a powerful introduction with added impact
- Depending on the size of the room and number of attendees, it may also be possible to film participants and replay the exercise back for the group discussion/feedback.
Cost = £90 plus VAT
which includes a morning seminar, an informal networking lunch and an afternoon seminar.Who is this suitable for?
This programme is suitable for anyone who is keen to improve their networking skills and effectiveness at networking and resilience in a supportive and professional environment.
Hope you can join us!
*Any questions or if you require further information please contact me on 07864546481.